For many people, home care is a good—and realistic—alternative to moving to Assisted Living. Baywood provides flexible hourly assistance on any schedule that the client or the client’s family wants. Visits can be as short as one hour once a week, or several hours a day every day, or anything in-between. Morning and evening assistance, or overnight care, can also be provided. The schedule is completely tailored to the needs and desires of the client. Elder care in Minnesota can be a great option!
It is helpful to compare Home Care and Assisted Living:
Home Care and Assisted Living have the following in common:
- Same level and breadth of care (except HHA’s cannot administer insulin injections at home)
- Care is provided by home health aides. Training is the same.
- Care is supervised by Registered Nurses
- Both have an R.N. on call 24 hours a day
- Cost is similar (of course individual cases vary)
There are several Advantages of Home Care vs Assisted Living:
- People can retain their privacy
- People can live exactly now they want, eat what they want, etc.
- People can receive their own friends at home, instead of trying to make new ones
- More personal attention from the R.N. Care Manager
- Care for clients with memory loss can be provided in a familiar environment
- Memory Care and Alzheimer’s care are often better at home